Friday, August 12, 2011

I'm Back!

Did everyone think the world of Vegging Out ended??? To be honest, i thought so too! Turns out a baby is rather time consuming!


Anyway, here she is...Laine Gloria!!!
























I made it through the entire pregnancy as a vegetarian, and never had any issues with my health! Laine is amazing, and I already bring her into the kitchen with me, explaining what everything is to her, putting things to her nose so she can smell them, and letting her touch different foods. It's been so much fun! I feel like I finally have my cooking show audience i've always dreamed about!!!

I'm just starting to get back into cooking...the last 2 months of pregnancy, me and Justin ate Morningstar Farms chick'n nuggets every. single. night. Once in awhile, I'd mix it up and have the spicy kind :-)

So what's the latest in my cooking? Well, I've been all about cooking dried beans! Mainly black beans and pinto beans. I soak and cook a big batch on Sunday, and then use them throughout the week for tacos, rice and bean variations, chili, baked beans for side dishes, etc. At the end of the week, I take whatever beans i have left, throw them in the food processor with whatever veggies i have left, along with spices and chick pea flour, and let them blend. Then I fry them up into veggie burgers and freeze them individually. Amazingly easy, and soooo delicious!!!!

I hope to be posting a lot more, and once Laine can start "eating," i'll be experimenting a lot with making food for her!!! Such a new and exciting adventure we are on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment