Monday, April 26, 2010

Breakfast, Lunch, and Leftovers

So breakfast has always been an issue for me, even pre-vegetarian days. I don't like eggs, so I've had to be creative with breakfast foods. Of course we had nothing breakfasty at home, so I had 2 pieces of string cheese, and some whole wheat pretzels (Snyder's makes some really good ones!). I was actually quite satisfied for the morning.

There is this cool vegan take out place that opened up down the street from the school I work at, so I was going to check it out for lunch today, but of course, they are closed on Mondays. So at this point, I have to add another product in here...Annie Chun's Noodle Express. I found it in the Asian section of Whole Foods and it is pretty tasty!!! It only takes a minute in the microwave, so that's a nice perk too. I have had a hard time finding quick noodly type things like ramen that don't contain "dried, ground chicken" (umm ew), so I was excited to find this product! Sure, it's loaded with sodium and isn't the healthiest thing to eat, but when you need something quick and semi-inexpensive, it will do the trick!

The soup from last night produced A TON of leftovers (maybe it was the 6 enormous sweet potatoes I used...), so that should make for a quick dinner, which is good because Monday's spinning class isn't until 7pm, and who wants to be cooking after 8??? not me!!!

Hope everyone had a great Monday, and I encourage you to start incorporating a "meat free Monday" theme to your dinners!!!

1 comment:

  1. that soup looked tasty!! I would have scarfed some if I was around!!

    ReplyDelete